B.J. played the typical sports as a kid (baseball, football), but his true passion was Martial Arts, in which he became a student of at the age of 6. He made the decision to focus solely on Karate and tournament competition at the age of 14 when he began coaching full time until he was 25.
B.J. became a part of the CrossFit community almost two years ago when joining D5 as one of the founding members. He was soon joined at D5 by his wife and eldest daughter in FitKids. For B.J., CrossFit was a way to satisfy a desire to be challenged and pushed along with getting to be an athlete and competitor again.
- CrossFit Level 1
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- Former Head Instructor at Spartanburg Martial Arts Eastside(CPT)
- 3rd Degree Black Belt
- 1998 NASKA 16-17 advanced division National Champion
- 1998 SESKA 16-17 advanced division Regional Champion
- 1998 D.O.J.O. 16-17 advanced division State Champion